These instructions are based on a Windows 7 PC.
Start by Navigating to the Network and Sharing Center, here are the different ways to navigate there:
1. Click: Start > Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center
2. Click: Start > Type Network and Sharing Center in the search bar > Click Network and Sharing Center
3. Click on the Network Icon on the bottom right side of screen > Click Network and Sharing Center
Once in the Network and Sharing Center you need to:
1. Click: Setup a new connection or network
2. Click: Connect to a Workplace > Next
3. Click: Use my Internet connection (VPN)
4. Enter the "Internet Address" in the space provided (Obtain the "Internet Address" from your IT Department)
5. Enter the "Destination Name" in the space provided (This is the Display name, you can name it whatever you want. Normally just use the name of your company)
6. Click: Next
7. Enter your "Username" and "Password" in the spaces provided, Check the box "Remember this password"
8. Click: Connect
This will create the VPN connection, if you enter everything correctly you will successfully connect to the VPN. After created you can connect and disconnect by clicking on your "Network/Internet Icon that is located on the bottom right hand corner of the screen. This will show the VPN connections in the list of network connections, click on the connection and click "Connect or Disconnect".
There are Step by Step Picture Instructions attached to go along with these instructions.